Our sports medicine doctors are skilled in the diagnosis and treatment of sports-related injuries and conditions. Sports medicine is a specialized branch of medicine focused on the diagnosis and treatment of sports-related injuries and conditions.
Injuries and musculoskeletal pain are common occurrences in the sports community because athletes redefine their limits by pushing themselves to physical exhaustion during training, practice, and competition.
Some common sports-medicine related injuries we see are:
- Neck and shoulder injuries, such as rotator cuff injuries and SLAP tears
- Arm and elbow injuries, such as tennis elbow and fractures
- Hand and wrist injuries, such as sprains and jammed fingers
- Hip and knee injuries, such as a pulled groin and ligament tears (meniscus, ACL, MCL, and PCL)
- Upper leg injuries, such as a pulled quad or hamstring
- Lower leg injuries, such as shin splints
- Foot and ankle injuries, such as ankle sprains