Hip Doctors in North Mississippi
Our specialty-trained hip doctors are trained in assessing, diagnosing, and treating hip injuries and conditions.
Hip pain can be caused by a wide range of issues, from a progressive condition that has developed over time, such as bursitis and arthritis, to an acute injury, such as a fracture or dislocation.
If left untreated, cases involving inflammatory or degenerative diseases, like hip bursitis and hip osteoarthritis, can cause severe pain and immobility, and surgery may be introduced as a viable option for relieving pain and restoring mobility. While hip pain can be the result of trauma or acute injury, it most commonly arises in conjunction with an orthopaedic condition that has developed over time.
It may be time to seek treatment from a hip specialist if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of hip pain:
- Joint pain felt in the front of the hip, along the outside of the hip, in the groin, or over the buttock area
- Discomfort and swelling in the thigh and knee
- Joint inflammation or muscle spasms in the hip (especially if causing fluid buildup in the hip joint)
- Inability to walk without pain
- Inability to bend or rotate the hip without pain
- Soreness or a throbbing sensation while sleeping or resting
- Limping or the inability to walk comfortably on the affected side